Merck Sharpe & Dohme Corp
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES - RUMINANTS (CALIFORNIA / ARIZONA)
Job # SCI004603
This position is responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for Merck Animal Health products specific to the US Ruminant business, with a primary focus on the Dairy Industry. Responsibilities include providing technical support for Ruminant products and programs, including response to product inquiries and adverse reports in accordance with internal, FDA, CFIA and USDA regulatory policies. The position will require developing trial protocols, monitoring and summarizing clinical and marketing support trials specific to Ruminant animal health. Position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, veterinary related individuals or groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting in prominent industry scientific meetings.
Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to MAH Ruminant sales in North America. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
Technical service includes but is not limited to: involvement in the development of new products, development of vaccination programs and protocol for use of pharmaceuticals, product use directions, adverse event reporting, dealing with Ruminant health issues in customer's operations, customer complaints and education on new products from MAH.
- Travel will compose at a minimum 50% of incumbent's time. Travel responsibilities will be prioritized by value of customer and return of travel investment.
- Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key Ruminant industry meetings where needed by communicating non-proprietary company research and representing MAH as a source of highly valuable technical expertise, with a primary focus on the dairy industry.
- Assist research and development team with product evaluation, licensing trials and product development for all MAH products. Perform field trial evaluation of newly license products to offer technical support information for those particular products.
- Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs
- Work with the marketing team on key business initiatives to aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for MAH products.
- Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply MAH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world.
- Communicate between various MAH departments, as needed, to aid in delivery of product to customers, i.e. International Registration, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Production, etc.
- Provide Sales force training as well as guidance on product implementation for external customers.
- This territory will cover: California / Arizona
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree or PhD in Cattle specific animal science.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have minimum of 5 years related dairy cattle veterinary and/or animal science experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to digest extremely technical information and present it in understandable terms to lay people.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Field experience in dairy cattle production and/or ruminant medicine preferred
- If the successful candidate is a DVM and a license in at least one state is preferred
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # SCI004603 to:
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Academic Discipline:Biological Sciences
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 50% Travel
Share On :